Wednesday 20 June 2012

Recent Progress - Spektrum DX5e mode switch

My existing RC transmitter is a Spektrum DX5e which has no three way switch.
Paparazzi expects one channel with such a switch for mode selection MANUAL/AUTO1/AUTO2

I had to come up with a solution, since I don't have the means and the nerves right now to buy a pimped up Turnigy 9x or other flexible TX.

My TX actually has 6 channels, the bind switch is another channel.
This witch returns to it's original position, I will have to hack that to be bi-stable. But I can live with that for now.
I thought I should be able to do something with that.
Someone on the Paparazzi Mailing List gave me the right hint and I came up with this.
 https://github.com/tbaumann/paparazzi/commit/6398ff7833aadf94ad6a9b6234f947d43cef503f

 One switch selects MANUAL and AUTO. The other toggles between the two AUTO modes.

I'm quite pleased with his.

No comments:

Post a Comment